Thursday, November 29, 2007

CNN * YouTube Debate

Last night the Republican Presidential candidates spent an inordinate amount of time mincing words of immigration, enumerating the firearms they possessed, and explaining which baseball teams they root for. Mitt Romney dodged nearly every question while Mike Huckabee's amazing oratory proved that his recent poll gains are not undeserved.

I got my mail today and opened up the latest from my NetFlix queue, the all-Amerian tour-de-Willis that is Live Free of Die Hard, and was amused by the ad on the inside. I wonder if those ads are connected with the movie enclosed. Here's the ad. I'll post more of the these NetFlix ads in an attempt to track any trends.

1 comment:

k2 said...

I was surprised by the number of personal attacks on other candidates and gaffes at Hillary's expense. I don't remember that at the Democratic YouTube debates. Maybe it's because there wasn't a Republican frontrunner at that point to focus on.

I was also unsettled by something that I couldn't put my finger on when they would say "President Bush." I figured out that it was because they said it with a straight face, no hint of a sour taste in their mouth. I guess that's what I get for living in California. Hippies.

I came away from it really liking Huckabee. Good to see that I'm not the only one.