Saturday, June 16, 2007

Entourage.tv

What do you get when you mix the Justin.tv crew, a Mustang convertible, and a suction camera mount? Entourage.tv, of course!



This month's theme for the NewTeeVee Pier Screenings is parody, which the dictionary defines as "any humorous, satirical, or burlesque imitation, as of a person, event, etc." Protecting parody and satire is increasingly important as media companies throw DMCA takedown notices around like confetti.

So I got to thinking about how I might document the trials and tribulations of my (eventual) ascendancy in the web 2.0 sphere and I thought it might be cool to somehow document it. Then I realized that that'd be heinously boring. But what if a (highly) fictionalized version of my web 2.0 life included money, women, and cars! Well, then you'd have Entourage 2.0! The proof/spoof (sproof?) is in the pudding and the pudding is embedded above.

So the way it went down was Jackson and I brainstormed the idea and broke down the Entourage intro sequence into the different shots needed. The Justin.tv guys were an obvious choice because of their local celebrity and there were four of them. A perfect tech-entourage. So we got a ZipCar, a sunny afternoon, and a healthy dose of Jane's Addiction and drove around on the Embarcadero for an afternoon.

No comments: